Thursday, September 25, 2014

Kyoto Trip: Kinkakuji (Golden Pavilion)


What can I say?  Kinkakuji (The Golden Pavilion) is probably one of the most breathtaking places that I have ever been.  In my whole life.  It's incredibly beautiful.  I'd seen pictures of The Golden Pavilion several times before, but seeing it in person is entirely different.  It is absolutely incredible.  The entire second and third floors are gold plated, and the way it looks when the sun's rays light it up and its reflection is shining in the water . . . it's like a it's a make-believe, gleaming palace from a fairy tale.  I could probably tell you how beautiful it is in about 8 or 10 different ways, but instead I'll just show you a bunch of pictures that are essentially all the same, but that I couldn't narrow down anymore!








No comments:

Post a Comment